British Garden Birds has evolved from being a winter's day project to learn
about web publishing to a leading and award winning reference for casual and dedicated garden birdwatchers, but also teachers and
For each of the bird species there are:
- Identification notes, including photographs and sound recordings.
- Distribution maps showing when and where they are most likely to be found.
- Information about their feeding and nesting activities.
- Observations about the behaviour of the birds.
- Brief notes on the species movements, such as migration.
- Conservation status and any special measures.
I've also included supplementary information on bird matters, such as bird biology, feeding and optical equipment, and some links to other web sites that may be of interest.
There is even a quiz for you to test your identification skills.
You can find out about about the history of
this web site or, if you want to know more about myself, I've also included a brief biography.